One of the main causes of obesity is the lack of the required amount of muscle activity. Therefore, to solve this problem, you must first use physical exercises for weight loss. There are 2 main types of training: aerobic (running, swimming, step aerobics, etc. ) and power (deadlifts, push-ups, twists, etc. ). To achieve the maximum fat burning effect, classes should be carried out according to a pre-established schedule.
Static exercises, high-intensity interval training (CrossFit), yoga and breathing exercises are also effective in the fight against extra pounds.
The main advantage of aerobic exercise is that it involves a high caloric expenditure. An increase in energy expenditure (with a balanced diet) triggers the breakdown of subcutaneous fat. During cardio training, all parts of the body lose weight: belly, hips, hips, buttocks, arms, shoulders, back and face.
The most effective aerobic exercises for weight loss:
|An exercise||Tips on how to exercise|
|Step aerobics||It's a sort of cardio workout, which is based on rhythmic stepping on the treadmill. To increase the load during step aerobics, jumping up a hill, you can use active swing movements with arms and legs. The duration of one lesson should be 35-45 minutes|
|skipping rope||The exercise is performed in cycles - six to eight sets of 1-2 minutes each. Rest between sets should not exceed 60 seconds|
|cross country skiing||One of the most energy-intensive exercises. Due to the fact that all muscle groups take an active part in its implementation, cross-country skiing faster than other cardio loads allows you to "dry" thighs, waist, buttocks and other problem areas of the body from fat. The duration of the workout is determined by its intensity. On average, half an hour of exercise at an average pace twice a week is enough to activate the weight loss process.|
|Cyclic workouts on treadmill||The main factor in the effectiveness of the exercise is its duration (at least 40 minutes). To withstand this amount of work, running must be divided into six cycles, each of which should consist of a five-minute load and a two-minute rest.|
|Exercises on the orbit track (elliptical)||In summer, cross-country skiing can completely replace cardio training on an ellipsoid. You should train on the simulator for about half an hour, having previously set up the program using the electronic screen. The entire workout can be broken up into three or four rounds of 6-8 minutes each, resting one minute between sets.|
|A bicycle ride||The best exercise to "dry" the legs and reduce the amount of fat in other parts of the body. The duration of the bike ride will depend on its intensity. On average, cardio training should take 40-50 minutes. It is recommended to change speed and mode (uphill, downhill or flat road) every 5-7 minutes|
|I swim||Water procedures in the pool or open water should last about 35-45 minutes (the time depends on the intensity and temperature of the water). To enhance the fat burning effect, it is recommended to swim in different styles.|
This weight loss exercise is very popular, as it includes elements of cardio and strength training. This allows busy men and women to effectively load the muscles of the whole body, spending no more than 20 minutes a day.
- Sit in the starting position: standing, feet shoulder-width apart, arms lowered along the body.
- Lower your body into a semi-squat, leaning forward slightly and placing your palms on the floor.
- Transfer your body weight to your hands and stretch your legs to a horizontal position, with emphasis on the lying position.
- In one quick movement, he returns to the semi-squat position with emphasis on the palms.
- He gets into the starting position.
- Make 10-14 similar series.
- After a minute, do a few more approaches.
Basic exercises for weight loss in the gym
Strength training with multi-joint exercises is one of the best ways to lose fat. The presence of special equipment and shells available in the gym allows you to effectively load all large muscle groups, stimulate the production of testosterone, autotropin and other hormones that positively affect the rate of weight loss.
The basic complex must necessarily include squats, traction of the upper block behind the back, bench press and twists.
For boys and girls who are just starting to exercise with weights, it is recommended to perform the exercise with kettlebells or dumbbells. They are comfortable to hold in your hands and control your body position, minimizing the risk of injury.
- Grab two weights in your hands and throw them over your shoulders, securing them close to your chest.
- Align the body, draw in the stomach and move the body down (squat).
- Stand up straight.
- Do about 10 repetitions.
- After resting for 1. 5 minutes, do the following approaches (four, five).
During squats and straightening, it is necessary to constantly monitor the position of the spine: the back should always remain straight.
Pull block behind the back
The latissimus dorsi fat burning workout in the gym is best done on a block simulator.
- Insert the stop in the hole corresponding to the required load level.
- Sit on the simulator bench and tuck your knees under the rollers.
- Grab the iron bar with a wide grip.
- Pull the bar down and behind your back.
- Relax your arms and lift them up.
- Repeat the movement 12 times.
- Pause for a minute to recover and do the rest of the work (four to five sets).
Bench press on a horizontal bench
It will help to quickly "dry" the shoulders, chest and reduce the subcutaneous fat content in other parts of the body. The bench press is performed in two versions: with a narrow setting of the hands and a wide one. In the first case, the load will be focused on the shoulder triceps, in the second - on the pectoral muscles.
- Equip the balance wheel with the required number of pancakes.
- Sit on a bench, lying down with your back down.
- Firmly grasp the neck with the brushes.
- Break the projectile off the racks, bring it to chest level and slowly lower it.
- Quickly raise the bar.
- Do 12 repetitions.
- After a two-minute rest, do the same four sets, gradually increasing the working weight of the projectile.
Twisting on a block simulator
Training the abdomen on a block simulator allows you to "burn" each cube of the press, making it more prominent and drier.
- Set load.
- Take a starting position: one meter from the front rack of the simulator, lower the body to the knees and grab the ropes.
- With the strength of the abdominal muscles, tilt the upper body down.
- Return to the original position.
The number of repetitions is 10-12, approaches are 4-6. The length of the recovery break between sets is 90 seconds.
Before each strength exercise, you need to do warm-up movements: jumping rope or five minutes of work on any of the cardio machines, stretching the ligaments, rotating the joints.
Do it right according to plan. Only in this case it will be possible to observe the periodization of loads and maintain a high rate of weight loss.
A weekly workout schedule might look like this:
- Monday: in the morning - swimming, in the evening - pushing the block behind the head.
- Tuesday: in the morning - work on the treadmill, in the evening - squats.
- Wednesday: rest day from strength training.
- Thursday: morning - cycling, evening - bench press.
- Friday: in the morning - lesson on an ellipsoid, in the evening - twisting on a block simulator.
On Saturday and Sunday, light cardio should be done: sports games, walks, etc.
Easy and simple exercises for weight loss at home should be performed with higher repetitions and a shorter rest period between sets.
For the convenience of training, it is advisable to purchase a gymnastic mat and fitball.
Load the abdominal muscles in the lower abdomen. This exercise should be done no earlier than 4 hours after the last meal.
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat.
- Straighten the body in one line.
- Place your hands along the body.
- Raise your legs 40cm above the surface.
- Produce rearing and hip reduction in a horizontal plane.
The number of repetitions is approximately 20-25. The number of approaches is 4. A break for rest between sets is 1 minute.
During the exercise, the hamstrings, buttocks and back are loaded.
- Roll out a rubber mat and lie on it with your stomach down.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you.
- Raise your left leg and right arm at the same time.
- Perform by lifting the right leg and left arm while lowering the opposite limbs.
- Fix the position of the arms and legs in the same plane, tearing them off the floor.
- Repeat the movements in the same sequence 15 more times.
- After a one-minute break, do three more sets.
The purpose of the exercise is to train the inner and outer thighs.
- Stand on a non-slip surface.
- Put your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Spread your arms straight out to the sides.
- Make a small swing movement with your right foot forward and to the left, after which, by inertia, take it wide to the side.
- Do 15 reps.
- Perform similar swings with your left foot.
- Perform four approaches with a minute break between them.
Boat with a ball
The exercise is performed to train the gluteal and hamstring muscles.
- Lie down on a rubber mat or other non-firm surface with your stomach down.
- Clamp an exercise ball between your legs.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you.
- Do a simultaneous separation and raise your hands and fitball.
- Lower yourself to the previous position.
- Perform 14-16 repetitions.
- Pause for forty seconds and perform four similar sets.
It is used to "dry" the gluteal muscles, thighs of the back and reduce the total amount of body fat.
- Get on your knees and place your hands on the floor in front of you (this position will be your starting position).
- Tear off the right palm from the surface, bend the arm at the elbow and quickly throw it forward, while bending and lifting the left leg.
- Return to the starting position.
- Perform 15 reps.
- Rest 60 seconds.
- Take a similar approach with your left arm and right leg.
Repeat the exercise four times.
Twist on the ball
An exercise of low amplitude allows you to effectively load the upper part of the rectus abdominis muscle, "drying" it of fat and forming beautiful cubes.
- Lie down on the fitball.
- Put your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees.
- Perform 15-20 short chest lifts.
- Take a minute to recover.
Perform three sets.
The exercise involves the elbow and shoulder joints, during its implementation the pectoral muscles, triceps and deltoid muscles are well trained.
- Put emphasis on the lying position: the body is in a horizontal position, resting on the surface with only the feet and palms of the hands.
- As you inhale, make the deepest possible lowering of the chest down.
- As you exhale, lift your body up.
- Make 20-30 similar movements.
- Take a minute off to recover and complete four more sets.
This complex can be done at home six days a week, dividing the exercises into two workouts. For example, in one lesson you do scissors, Superman flight and leg swings, and in the second - a boat with a ball, a hound and a twist on a ball.
To find out which set of exercises is right for you, you should consult a fitness instructor. The specialist will analyze your age, weight, profession, level of sports training and other factors, after which he will give effective recommendations on weight loss training.
Exercises without amplitude for weight loss are effective for men and women with pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. You can perform them daily in various combinations.
Before class, it is recommended to do a light warm-up and stretching.
The exercise is designed to train the muscles of the press. During its implementation, not only the fat layer decreases, but also the waist becomes narrower.
- Take a horizontal position lying on your back.
- Raise your legs, bending them at the knees.
- Stretch your arms along the body.
- Lift your chest off the floor.
- Lock in this position for 30-45 seconds.
- Rest 60 seconds and repeat another hundred times.
In the stance phase of the exercise, you should breathe with frequent and short inhalations and exhalations.
The exercise serves to tighten the hips and remove the so-called "pig's ears" on them.
An oblique bridge (side stand) is performed according to the following algorithm:
- Lie down on the floor.
- Turn to your left side and put your elbow in front of you - the body should rest on the floor with only the outer surface of the left foot and forearm.
- Align the position of the body in a horizontal line.
- Try to stay in this position as long as possible.
- Roll to the other side and do the stand on the right side.
The number of approaches is three, the rest time between them is 40 seconds.
A static exercise allows you to load the entire shoulder girdle: triceps, deltoids, trapezius. As a result, the body consumes a large amount of energy, thereby increasing the rate of weight loss.
- From a standing position, lean your body forward.
- Place your hands on the floor.
- Sharply lift your legs off the surface, bringing your body to an upright position.
- Stay on your hands for 30-40 seconds.
- After a minute break, do three more approaches.
Legs, buttocks, back, hips and shoulders are stressed by the need to keep the body (in balance) in position on one leg with an inclination.
- Being in a standing position, lift the left foot off the floor and tilt the body forward.
- Stretch your left arm and leg to a horizontal position (the angle between your upper body and right thigh should be straight).
- Lock in this position for 20-35 seconds.
- Rest for 30 seconds and perform a similar position, standing on your right leg.
- Do three to four sets for each side.
A classic exercise to "dry" the abdominal muscles, performed in statics.
The technique looks like this:
- Lie on the floor in a horizontal position face down.
- Focus on the surfaces of your forearms and feet.
- Align the body in one line.
- Stay in this position for as long as possible.
- After a 30-second rest break, do three more sets.
The exercise is effective to use to "dry" the thighs, make the buttocks more elastic and rounded.
- Press your back against the wall.
- Step forward.
- Keeping your legs still, lean your upper body back until it rests against the wall.
- Lower your torso until your hips and spine form a right angle.
- Lock in this position for 40-55 seconds.
- Rest for one minute and do three more similar sets.
Yoga offers a large number of static exercises (asanas) for weight loss. And although the effectiveness compared to strength training and cardio is small, their use can be justified in diseases of the musculoskeletal system and other pathologies when heavy physical activity is not recommended.
For men and women who are in good physical shape and do not have health problems, it is recommended to use crossfit for weight loss - high-intensity interval training performed by alternating aerobic and strength loads during one approach.
An example of a crossfit workout could look like this:
- 20 push-ups from the floor.
- 15 hammer blows on a tire.
- Jump rope (1 minute).
- Six barbell squats.
- 30 seconds of work on the ellipsoid.
- Eight tire launches.
The exercises are performed without rest. As part of a workout, you can do three or four of these circular sets.
It has been established that the saturation of the body with oxygen contributes to an increase in the rate of fat burning. This effect is used during weight loss.
There are four main breathing exercises:
- Body flexion.The workout consists of taking a slow, deep breath, followed by stretching the diaphragm and exhaling.
- oxysize.The technique is based on a combination of continuous diaphragmatic breathing with physical exercises. 1 cycle includes sequentially produced inhalation, three dovdokhov, exhalation and three dovodyha.
- qigong. It is performed in various positions: sitting, standing, in the lotus position. The essence of the technique is the implementation of deep breaths through the nose and slow exhalations through the mouth.
- Pranayama.It is an element of yoga and includes a wide variety of breathing techniques. Much attention is paid to the emotional background when performing Pranayama.
Breathing exercises alone are not able to lead to rapid weight loss. However, when included in a cardio and strength training program, they will help increase the rate of fat burning, activate the metabolism and speed up the recovery process after physical exertion.